Caracas, December 14 (RHC).--- Venezuela's National Electoral Council affirmed on Friday that the revolutionary alliance garnered 242 mayoral offices during December 8 municipal elections, which stands for 72,2 percent of the public posts.
Council's rector Sandra Oblitas said that the revolutionary alliance got 5 million 227 thousand 491 votes, while the so-called Mesa de Unidad Democratica or Table of Democratic Unity of the opposition gained 75 mayoral offices, representing only 23, 3 percent, with 4 million 423 thousand 897 votes.
The vote results stemmed from a final audit carried out in the electoral system as part of the time-table established by the National Electoral Council. This revision resulted very satisfactory and was certified by representatives from all political organizations, who participated in the process, the official said.
Another 13 mayoral offices were gained by other organizations linked to the Venezuelan United Socialist Party and the Gran Polo Patriotico, or Grand Patriotic Front, and another five offices were garnered by groups allied to the opposition party.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1291
- online: 194
- total: 4097246