Quito, December 14 (RHC).--- The 18th World Festival of Youths and Students closed its doors in Ecuador after participants stressed their commitment to keep fighting against imperialism and defending world peace.
The 300-strong Cuban delegation took part in over 14 conferences focusing on peace, youth employment, free education and health care, wars, Latin American integration, and other issues such as the situation in the Middle East, an area under constant imperialist attacks.
“We have had very emotional meetings in which we have received messages of solidarity, said Yuniasky Crespo Baquero, first secretary of the Cuban Young Communist League. She said that every place they visited, youths from other countries expressed their support of Cuba against the US blockade and for the release of the anti-terrorist fighters held in US prisons since 1998.
Crespo Baquero said that Cuba continues to be an example for the people of the world. “We brought the message of Cuba to Quito, amidst the social and economic update underway in Cuba, which is a process full of hopes.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1115
- online: 121
- total: 5035010