Lagos, March 10 (RHC)-- In Nigeria, oil workers staged a nationwide strike Wednesday after the Nigerian government announced plans to restructure the state oil company without having consulted the workers.
Nigeria is the largest oil producer in Africa. The proposed restructuring calls for dividing the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation into multiple parts. Workers say they fear the plan could lead to mass layoffs.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 670
- online: 112
- total: 5854017