Brasilia, March 10 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Frei Betto, a noted Brazilian political theorist and one of the most recognized names associated with Liberation Theology, shared his thoughts about the prospects for the leftist governments in Latin America and made suggestions for leaders to help reverse some of the recent electoral setbacks.
Betto suggests that progressive governments should nurture the role of grassroots social movements in governance. According to the Brazilian theorist, these social movements are responsible for the election of progressive and revolutionary governments in the first place.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 547
- online: 105
- total: 4486399