Brasilia, March 10 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Frei Betto, a noted Brazilian political theorist and one of the most recognized names associated with Liberation Theology, shared his thoughts about the prospects for the leftist governments in Latin America and made suggestions for leaders to help reverse some of the recent electoral setbacks.
Betto suggests that progressive governments should nurture the role of grassroots social movements in governance. According to the Brazilian theorist, these social movements are responsible for the election of progressive and revolutionary governments in the first place.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 2991
- online: 138
- total: 4930694