Brasilia, March 14 (RHC-teleSUR), -- Extreme temperatures in Brazil are causing desertification and drought in certain parts of the country, threatening the lives of over 35 million people.
Brazil's Environmental Ministry made the announcement Saturday, while suggesting the creation of a special body to regulate and fight against desertification and develop ways to mitigate the effects of drought.
Brazil has long been ravaged by drought, particularly in the North-eastern semi-arid region. Since 2012, more than 1,000 municipalities have asked the federal government for help to deal with the extreme drought.
- RHC's IMPERIALISM AND REVOLUTION August 22
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 21
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3739
- today: 2814
- online: 126
- total: 6274767