Havana, March 29 (RHC) The Pakistani authorities arrested more than two hundred people and interrogated thousands of others after the attack on Sunday in Lahore, in which 73 people were celebrating Easter Sunday died.
The Ministry of Justice of Punjab province, where the tragedy occurred, said Tuesday that more than 5000 people have been registered and questioned and most were released, but about 216 remain in detention.
The ministry added that they were carrying out other operations in all districts of Punjab against suspects, religious activists and extremists.
Security measures around the 550 churches in the province were also strengthened, said the institution.
A faction of the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the bloody attack on Monday, in a popular park in Lahore on Easter Sunday and confirmed that it was a deliberate attack against Christians.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1353
- online: 206
- total: 4101549