Quito, Mar 30 (RHC) The President of Ecuador, Rafeal Correa, assured that US President Barack Obama is exercising a policy of carrot and stick with his historic visit to Cuba on one hand, while on the other he extends the decree declaring Venezuela a national threat.
In meeting with the press, Correa hailed Obama's intentions to lift the economic, political and financial blockade of Cuba; he does it because it is dysfunctional, not because it violates international law.
President Correa said that Obama's visit to Cuba was positive, as well as the process to restore Cuba-US relations, but reiterated the need to end the blockade and return the territory the US illegally occupies in Guantánamo.
Correa also gave assurances that the multinational TV network Telesur will continue its broadcasts, although the government of Argentina decided to end its contract with the Latin American network founded in 2005.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3960
- online: 124
- total: 4935733