Tegucigalpa, Apr 6 (RHC) A group of women of the Lenca ethnia chained themselves together to protest at Honduras Police Offices, in Tegucigalpa, in demand for justice for murdered indigenous leader and ecologist Berta Cáceres.
During the picketing, the daughter of the murdered social activist, called on the authorities to throw light on her mother's homicide which she considers intimidation, and an attempt to bring down the Civic Council of Indigenous and Popular Organizations and derail the defense of the rights of these people in Honduras.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 3215
- online: 106
- total: 5255765