Vatican City, April 11 (RHC)-- Pope Francis has issued a widely anticipated proclamation on family life, in which he calls on priests to make the church more inviting to single parents, LGBT people and unmarried couples. The Pope also calls on governments to provide public healthcare and education in order to support families.
The Vatican said that Pope Francis did not, however, change the church’s position on a range of social issues, including contraception and the role of women in the church. He also made a point saying that unions between same-sex couples are not marriages.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 5017
- online: 193
- total: 6665834