Damascus, April 15 (RHC)-- Syrian army soldiers together with fighters from the Lebanese resistance movement, Hezbollah, have mounted a large-scale military operation to liberate areas in the strategic northwestern province of Aleppo from foreign-backed Takfiri militants.
On Thursday, Syrian forces backed by Russia's air power, pressed a fierce offensive just north of the provincial capital city of Aleppo, located some 355 kilometers north of the capital, Damascus. Heavy fighting was reported around the Handarat region, where Syrian government forces and Hezbollah fighters sought to cut off a crucial supply line of Takfiri terrorists. And both Russian and Syrian planes were reportedly carrying out airstrikes on terrorist positions.
Also on Thursday, Syrian army units targeted the positions of al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Nusra Front militants in Aleppo Province, killing scores of terrorists and destroying their hideouts.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10109
- today: 3460
- online: 122
- total: 7086553