Damascus, April 15 (RHC)-- Syrian army soldiers together with fighters from the Lebanese resistance movement, Hezbollah, have mounted a large-scale military operation to liberate areas in the strategic northwestern province of Aleppo from foreign-backed Takfiri militants.
On Thursday, Syrian forces backed by Russia's air power, pressed a fierce offensive just north of the provincial capital city of Aleppo, located some 355 kilometers north of the capital, Damascus. Heavy fighting was reported around the Handarat region, where Syrian government forces and Hezbollah fighters sought to cut off a crucial supply line of Takfiri terrorists. And both Russian and Syrian planes were reportedly carrying out airstrikes on terrorist positions.
Also on Thursday, Syrian army units targeted the positions of al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Nusra Front militants in Aleppo Province, killing scores of terrorists and destroying their hideouts.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 1227
- online: 119
- total: 5944993