Caracas, December 18 (RHC)-- The Second Extraordinary Summit of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of our Americas and PetroCaribe integration blocs has rejected the U.S. economic, commercial and financial blockade of Cuba.
The meeting, held in Caracas, Venezuela, and fielding representatives of 22 countries has adopted a declaration ratifying the support of Cuba that was expressed by UN member nations at the 68th General Assembly.
The summit also paid tribute to the ninth anniversary of the Bolivarian Alliance, created in a joint declaration signed by Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez on December 14, 2004.
Participants of the 2nd Extraordinary Summit also condemned the media campaign underway by the U.S. Chevron-Texaco multinational company against Ecuador.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba