Quito, Apr 19 (RHC-PL)-- The number of people killed in the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that devastated northwestern Ecuador on Saturday has risen to 413 according to a report by the country’s Security Coordination Ministry.
The report says 409 search and rescue experts from Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Peru, El Salvador and Mexico work alongside 609 Ecuadorian firefighters, mostly in the hard-hit cities of Manta, Portoviejo and Pedernales.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1357
- online: 205
- total: 4101553