Quito, Apr 19 (RHC-PL)-- The number of people killed in the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that devastated northwestern Ecuador on Saturday has risen to 413 according to a report by the country’s Security Coordination Ministry.
The report says 409 search and rescue experts from Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia, Chile, Peru, El Salvador and Mexico work alongside 609 Ecuadorian firefighters, mostly in the hard-hit cities of Manta, Portoviejo and Pedernales.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 2301
- online: 121
- total: 4948598