United Nations, April 22 (RHC)-- Today is Earth Day and climate is on the world’s agenda as more than 60 heads of state met at the United Nations headquarters to sign the Paris climate agreement aimed at slowing climate change.
The signing ceremony, which was presided over by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, comes as the Earth has experienced 11 straight months of record-shattering temperatures.
Experts say the greenhouse gas cuts promised in the Paris climate deal are insufficient to avert dangerous global warming.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 405
- online: 204
- total: 7053007