Managua, April 28 (RHC)-- Earthquakes have hit both Argentina in South America and the Central American nation of Nicaragua over the past 24 hours.
The epicenter of the Argentine quake was located 45 miles from the city of San Juan, in the country's central-west. The 5.0 magnitude earthquake jolted the area at 2:16 a.m. Wednesday morning while a less powerful 4.5 tremor occurred just off the Pacific coast of Nicaragua, also in the early morning hours.
Local reports from Argentina said buildings shook, but no deaths or serious injuries have been reported. In Nicaragua, the quake was located 14 miles off Nicaragua's Pacific coast, with tremors felt in the country's southern coastal region but no serious damage reported.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2434
- online: 208
- total: 4085157