Brussels, May 13 (RHC)-- Greenpeace has called for a halt in secret U.S.-European Union negotiations over the massive TTIP trade deal. Greenpeace made the call after leaking documents it says show how the U.S. is pressuring European countries to loosen environmental and consumer protections.
Stefan Krug of Greenpeace told reporters: "We are quite sure, and the text now confirmed that, that if the TTIP in its present form would become reality, that would result in a severe down-shift of standards in Europe, on the environmental side, but also on the consumer side."
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 3220
- online: 179
- total: 6375263