Madrid, May 16 (RHC)-- In Spain, thousands of demonstrators took to the streets to mark the fifth anniversary of the Indignados movement.
On May 15, 2011, the mass movement erupted against unemployment, austerity, the big banks and the political system in general. The Indignados helped inspire the Occupy movement of the United States and the emergence of the political party Podemos.
The protest comes as Spain heads for new elections next month, following a political deadlock after December elections resulted in a Parliament divided between Podemos, the Socialists and the ruling People’s Party.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3324
- today: 2825
- online: 93
- total: 4826656