Quito, May 16 (RHC)-- Ecuador's ruling Alianza País has called for an urgent meeting of member countries of the Union of South American Countries (UNASUR) and of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC)to analyze the current situation in Brazil and reject the ongoing destabilization plots, seeking to destroy Brazilian democracy.
Alianza País issued a communique, in which it rejects and condemns in the strongest terms the decision by the Brazilian Senate, which gave the green light to impeachment proceedings against constitutional President Dilma Rousseff.
In the text, the political party of Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa expresses the solidarity of the Ecuadorian people with President Rousseff, the Workers' Party and the Brazilian people, as well as their confidence that justice, truth and democracy will prevail over the attacks of opposition sectors in Brazil.
Other regional heads of states and organizations have joined their voices to the world condemnation of the parliamentary coup in Brazil. Those have been the cases of Bolivian President Evo Morales and Venezuela's Nicolás Maduro, who rejected the impeachment proceedings against Dilma and urged to respect the will of the Brazilian people who re-elected her in 2014.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 1752
- online: 134
- total: 4828538