Brussels, May 20 (RHC)-- More than 300 groups in Europe have urged the EU to hold Israel accountable for its human rights violations and join a global campaign for boycott of Israeli products.
The 352 signatories to a letter include human rights and aid organizations, church groups, trade unions and political parties from across the continent, including France, Germany, Norway and Belgium.
In their letter, they have urged the EU to defend the right of individuals and institutions to take part in the Palestinian-led Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign.
The movement campaigns for a boycott of all Israeli goods and questions Israel's legitimacy.
The BDS movement is currently asking people to add their names to an appeal to the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to take necessary measures to protect those who campaign for Palestinian rights.
The letter comes in response to recent efforts by European governments, at the request of the Israeli authorities, to introduce legislation and take other repressive measures to confront the BDS movement.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 1505
- online: 195
- total: 8066564