Orlando, June 13 (RHC)-- One of the guns used by the shooter at the nightclub in Orlando, Florida was an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. The gun was also used in the massacres at Sandy Hook Elementary School; the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater; and at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California.
AR-15-style rifles like Mateen’s were once illegal under the U.S. Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which expired in 2004. The FBI announced on Monday that the guns were purchased by Omar Mateen legally.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 2659
- online: 134
- total: 4368672