United Nations, December 26 (RHC)-- The United Nations is warning the ongoing violence in South Sudan has claimed thousands of lives in just over a week.
Fighting is continuing in half the country’s 10 states between government forces and soldiers loyal to the country’s ousted former vice president. Hundreds of thousands have been forced to flee.
On Wednesday, the UN Security Council approved a measure to nearly double the number of peace keepers to around 15,000. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon pleaded for an end to the violence.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4714
- today: 4126
- online: 151
- total: 6743073