Washington, July 7 (RHC)-- U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch has announced that she accepted the FBI's recommendation that no charges should be brought in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's personal e-mail system.
On Tuesday, Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey said Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, had been "extremely careless" in her use of a private e-mail server while she was secretary of state, but he recommended no criminal charges be filed in the case.
While Comey's announcement lifted a cloud of uncertainty that had loomed over Clinton's White House campaign, his strong criticism of her judgment ignited a new attack on her over the email issue by Donald Trump, her likely Republican opponent in the November 8th election.
Lynch said she met Wednesday afternoon with Comey and the career prosecutors and agents who had investigated whether Clinton broke the law as a result of e-mail servers kept in her Chappaqua, New York, home. One question is whether she mishandled classified information.
U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan said on Wednesday lawmakers are examining whether there is any action they can take over Hillary Clinton's e-mail practices while secretary of state, saying it appeared she had received preferential treatment from the FBI.
- Jazz Place
- RHC's national and international news
- UNESCO's Director-General launches COVID-19 Global Education Coalition
- Covid-19: US unpreparedness is rooted in historic ideological tendencies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8202
- today: 6533
- online: 205
- total: 7642480