Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas
United Nations, July 9 (RHC)-- Palestinian President Mahmud Abbas has called on the U.N. Security Council to reject a key report by the diplomatic Quartet that condemned both Israel's occupation and Palestine's resistance.
Abbas said in a statement that the report, which was published by the European Union, Russia, the United Nations and the United States, "does not further the cause for peace." It is due to be presented for discussion at the U.N. Security Council over the coming weeks, although a date has not yet been set.
Palestine Liberation Organization Secretary-General Saeb Erekat also condemned the document as an "attempt to equalize the responsibilities between people under occupation and the foreign military occupier."
The report's findings and recommendations are supposed to serve as the basis to revive the Israeli-Palestinian peace process that has been put on hold since a U.S. initiative collapsed in April 2014.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 2964
- online: 110
- total: 4845101