Leavenworth, July 11 (RHC)-- Lawyers for imprisoned U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning are demanding access to their client, after unconfirmed reports surfaced last week about a possible suicide attempt. Manning is currently in her cell in stable condition, after being taken to the hospital. It is not yet known if she did in fact attempt to commit suicide.
Manning’s lawyers say they were due to speak with her, but they were then told the call could not be connected. It appears she was in fact in the hospital at the time. Chelsea Manning’s attorney Nancy Hollander said: "We’re shocked and outraged that an official at Leavenworth (U.S. Army prison in Leavenworth, Kansas) contacted the press with private confidential medical information about Chelsea Manning yet no one at the Army has given a shred of information to her legal team."
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2809
- online: 124
- total: 4841253