Buenos Aires, July 14 (RHC-Xinhua) -- Around 4,000 Argentinean tourists who travelled to Chile at the weekend were now stuck there as the Cristo Redentor border crossing was closed due to heavy snow, local media reported on Wednesday.
According to reports, the international Cristo Redentor crossing has been closed since July 10 due to intense snow. On Wednesday, the Argentinean transport ministry confirmed the closure of the crossing, saying that it was "is due to the accumulation of snow and strong winds on Chilean territory."
The passage could remain closed for the next few days as heavy snow is expected to hit the mountain area on Thursday, Clarin quoted a local source. Two other border crossings, El Pehuenche in the Argentinean city of Malargue and El Jama in the province of Jujuy, were also closed.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3948
- today: 1214
- online: 117
- total: 4831948