Managua, July 19 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel has highlighted the social and economic achievements of the Nicaraguan Revolution, after arriving in the Central American country on Tuesday to participate in the celebrations for the 37th anniversary of the triumph of the Popular Sandinista Revolution.
At Managua's Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport upon his arrival, Diaz-Canel told reporters: "Under the government of the Sandinista Front and the leadership of Comandante Daniel Ortega, Nicaragua today is a free, sovereign and independent, peaceful, anti-imperialist country, which has made significant social and economic progress."
The Cuban first vice president also said he was very happy to be in Nicaragua celebrating another anniversary of the victory over the Somoza dictatorship. He said that Nicaragua and Cuba have strong historical ties of brotherhood and cooperation and stressed that Daniel Ortega has been a key figure in the history of the Central American nation.
Deputy Foreign Minister Ana Teresita Gonzalez and Havana ambassador's to Managua, Eduardo Martinez, also make up part of Cuba's delegation to the activities in Nicaragua.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 3, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for August 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 30, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 1
- today: 4589
- online: 201
- total: 8468888