Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- Cubans, especially young people, are paying homage to the historic leader of the Bolivarian Revolution, the late Hugo Chavez on the 62nd anniversary of his birth.
Chavez was a great friend of the Cuban people, their revolution and leader Fidel Castro. Fidel called Chavez 'Cuba's Best Friend.' In that sense, the now already traditional annual event called 'Los amigos del amigo' or (Our Best Friend's Friends) was held Thursday at the Morro-Cabaña Fortress organized, by the Young Communist League (UJC) and students and other youth organizations.
Also as part of activities to commemorate Chavez's birthday anniversary on July 28th, the book 'Dios, Chavez and Fidel' (God, Chavez and Fidel) was presented at the Havana-based ALBA Cultural Center
The new text, by writers Elson Concepción and María Elena Ruiz, is a compilation of testimonies by Venezuelan patients, Christians, and their relatives, who are thankful to God and also to the comprehensive health agreement signed between leaders Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1583
- online: 168
- total: 6619680