Havana, July 28 (RHC)-- Cubans, especially young people, are paying homage to the historic leader of the Bolivarian Revolution, the late Hugo Chavez on the 62nd anniversary of his birth.
Chavez was a great friend of the Cuban people, their revolution and leader Fidel Castro. Fidel called Chavez 'Cuba's Best Friend.' In that sense, the now already traditional annual event called 'Los amigos del amigo' or (Our Best Friend's Friends) was held Thursday at the Morro-Cabaña Fortress organized, by the Young Communist League (UJC) and students and other youth organizations.
Also as part of activities to commemorate Chavez's birthday anniversary on July 28th, the book 'Dios, Chavez and Fidel' (God, Chavez and Fidel) was presented at the Havana-based ALBA Cultural Center
The new text, by writers Elson Concepción and María Elena Ruiz, is a compilation of testimonies by Venezuelan patients, Christians, and their relatives, who are thankful to God and also to the comprehensive health agreement signed between leaders Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2183
- online: 87
- total: 5937006