Montevideo, August 3 (RHC)-- The National Workers' Union of Uruguay paid tribute to the Cuban health brigades working in the South American country.
A ceremony was held Tuesday in the country's capital, Montevideo, to acknowledge the work carried out by Cuban health professionals, who have assisted Uruguayans as part of Cuba's cooperation program.
Tuesday's action was also as part of activities to celebrate the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, a main promoter of the internationalism principles that has always characterized the Cuban Revolution.
Participants in the ceremony included former Uruguayan President José Mujica, political, social and union leaders, and representatives of diplomatic corps in the South American country.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3375
- online: 192
- total: 4078165