Montevideo, August 3 (RHC)-- The National Workers' Union of Uruguay paid tribute to the Cuban health brigades working in the South American country.
A ceremony was held Tuesday in the country's capital, Montevideo, to acknowledge the work carried out by Cuban health professionals, who have assisted Uruguayans as part of Cuba's cooperation program.
Tuesday's action was also as part of activities to celebrate the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, a main promoter of the internationalism principles that has always characterized the Cuban Revolution.
Participants in the ceremony included former Uruguayan President José Mujica, political, social and union leaders, and representatives of diplomatic corps in the South American country.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 563
- online: 115
- total: 4835216