Montevideo, August 3 (RHC)-- The National Workers' Union of Uruguay paid tribute to the Cuban health brigades working in the South American country.
A ceremony was held Tuesday in the country's capital, Montevideo, to acknowledge the work carried out by Cuban health professionals, who have assisted Uruguayans as part of Cuba's cooperation program.
Tuesday's action was also as part of activities to celebrate the 90th birthday of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, a main promoter of the internationalism principles that has always characterized the Cuban Revolution.
Participants in the ceremony included former Uruguayan President José Mujica, political, social and union leaders, and representatives of diplomatic corps in the South American country.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 2659
- online: 137
- total: 4368672