Havana, August 12 (RHC)-- Members of the Continental Association of Latin American and Caribbean Students (OCLAE) gathered in Havana paid tribute Friday to Cuban National Hero José Martí.
Representatives of the federations from 24 countries, making up the regional youth alliance, are meeting here in Havana to celebrate the organization's 50th anniversary. They visited the memorial built in Martí's honor at Havana's Revolution Square and placed a wreath, honoring the Cuban hero.
Also on Friday, the regional student leaders exchanged with Cuban university students and youth leaders and attended the Havana launching of a book by Cuban author Rodolfo Romero Reyes on the role of the youth in today's regional social struggles.
Friday's session of the OCLAE meeting was attended by renowned regional personalities, included Brazilian Theologian Frei Betto and former Colombian legislator and human rights activist Piedad Córdova.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3332
- today: 3047
- online: 132
- total: 5252383