Havana, August 12 (RHC)-- Members of the Continental Association of Latin American and Caribbean Students (OCLAE) gathered in Havana paid tribute Friday to Cuban National Hero José Martí.
Representatives of the federations from 24 countries, making up the regional youth alliance, are meeting here in Havana to celebrate the organization's 50th anniversary. They visited the memorial built in Martí's honor at Havana's Revolution Square and placed a wreath, honoring the Cuban hero.
Also on Friday, the regional student leaders exchanged with Cuban university students and youth leaders and attended the Havana launching of a book by Cuban author Rodolfo Romero Reyes on the role of the youth in today's regional social struggles.
Friday's session of the OCLAE meeting was attended by renowned regional personalities, included Brazilian Theologian Frei Betto and former Colombian legislator and human rights activist Piedad Córdova.
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3685
- today: 1036
- online: 92
- total: 4605841