San Juan, August 24 (RHC)-- In Puerto Rico, Banco Popular, Inc. (BPOP) has announced that it is the second financial institution in the United States and the first in Puerto Rico to enable their credit cards for use in Cuba.
The MasterCard credit cards of its two banking subsidiaries, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico (BPPR) and Popular Community Bank (PCB), can now be used at any of Cuba's more than 11,000 authorized merchant terminals and ATMs throughout the Island.
Ignacio Alvarez, President and Chief Operating Officer of Banco Popular, said ability to use his bank's credit cards in Cuba will facilitate travel and promote interaction between their clients in Puerto Rico and the U.S. with the people in Cuba.
The Puerto Rican bank cautions though that U.S. citizens continue to be banned from visiting Cuba as tourists, and that their MasterCard cardholders will need to ensure that they travel under one of the 12 categories authorized by the United States.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3751
- today: 1088
- online: 124
- total: 5027734