Havana, August 25 (RHC)-- The National Bureau of Statistics and Information confirmed that during the first half of 2016, Cuba reached the figure of 2.1 million visitors, for an increase of nearly 12 percent compared to the same period last year.
The report says Canada continued to be the main source of travelers to Cuba, with nearly 50,000 visitors,followed by U.S. travelers, including Cubans living in the U.S., with a 61 percent growth.
On the list then comes England, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Argentina and France.
Cuba presently has a total of 63,000 hotel rooms, of which almost 70 percent are in four and five star facilities. According to estimates, the island will have more than 85,000 rooms by 2020.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4569
- today: 4131
- online: 169
- total: 3852744