Havana, August 25 (RHC)-- The National Bureau of Statistics and Information confirmed that during the first half of 2016, Cuba reached the figure of 2.1 million visitors, for an increase of nearly 12 percent compared to the same period last year.
The report says Canada continued to be the main source of travelers to Cuba, with nearly 50,000 visitors,followed by U.S. travelers, including Cubans living in the U.S., with a 61 percent growth.
On the list then comes England, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Argentina and France.
Cuba presently has a total of 63,000 hotel rooms, of which almost 70 percent are in four and five star facilities. According to estimates, the island will have more than 85,000 rooms by 2020.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 1432
- online: 118
- total: 4460433