Havana, September 1 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez met Wednesday afternoon with U.S. Transportation Secretary, Anthony Foxx, at the Ministry headquarters in Havana. The two dignitaries reportedly discussed issues of bilateral interest.
Minister Rodríguez described the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries as a positive step, but of limited impact since under the restrictions imposed by the blockade, U.S. citizens are still prohibited from traveling to Cuba as tourists.
After his meeting with the top Cuban diplomat, the U.S. Transportation Secretary met with his Cuban counterpart, Transport Minister Adel Yzquierdo Rodríguez, with whom he discussed cooperation opportunities, particularly in the field of aviation.
Secretary Foxx arrived in Cuba Wednesday morning aboard the inaugural flight, marking the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 2570
- online: 131
- total: 4376692