Havana, September 1 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez met Wednesday afternoon with U.S. Transportation Secretary, Anthony Foxx, at the Ministry headquarters in Havana. The two dignitaries reportedly discussed issues of bilateral interest.
Minister Rodríguez described the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries as a positive step, but of limited impact since under the restrictions imposed by the blockade, U.S. citizens are still prohibited from traveling to Cuba as tourists.
After his meeting with the top Cuban diplomat, the U.S. Transportation Secretary met with his Cuban counterpart, Transport Minister Adel Yzquierdo Rodríguez, with whom he discussed cooperation opportunities, particularly in the field of aviation.
Secretary Foxx arrived in Cuba Wednesday morning aboard the inaugural flight, marking the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 3203
- online: 116
- total: 5446133