Havana, September 1 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez met Wednesday afternoon with U.S. Transportation Secretary, Anthony Foxx, at the Ministry headquarters in Havana. The two dignitaries reportedly discussed issues of bilateral interest.
Minister Rodríguez described the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries as a positive step, but of limited impact since under the restrictions imposed by the blockade, U.S. citizens are still prohibited from traveling to Cuba as tourists.
After his meeting with the top Cuban diplomat, the U.S. Transportation Secretary met with his Cuban counterpart, Transport Minister Adel Yzquierdo Rodríguez, with whom he discussed cooperation opportunities, particularly in the field of aviation.
Secretary Foxx arrived in Cuba Wednesday morning aboard the inaugural flight, marking the resumption of regular commercial flights between the two countries.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2955
- today: 2664
- online: 124
- total: 4829450