Panama City, September 12 (RHC) – More than 70 thousand Panamanians have learned how to read and write thanks to the Cuban teaching method 'Yo sí puedo' (Yes, I Can), the country's Ministry of Social Development has reported.
Armando Escarreola, Director of the Literacy Program 'Muévete por Panamá', said the Cuban program was first implemented in 2007 and targets people over 10 years of age, who for different reasons never attended or dropped out of school.
Due to its excellent results, the Cuban method was awarded the King Sejong Literacy Prize, granted by UNESCO, in 2006.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1361
- online: 174
- total: 4105471