Panama City, September 12 (RHC) – More than 70 thousand Panamanians have learned how to read and write thanks to the Cuban teaching method 'Yo sí puedo' (Yes, I Can), the country's Ministry of Social Development has reported.
Armando Escarreola, Director of the Literacy Program 'Muévete por Panamá', said the Cuban program was first implemented in 2007 and targets people over 10 years of age, who for different reasons never attended or dropped out of school.
Due to its excellent results, the Cuban method was awarded the King Sejong Literacy Prize, granted by UNESCO, in 2006.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 2335
- online: 131
- total: 4461336