Havana, September 14 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro received the Honorable Philippe Couillard, Premier of the Canadian province of Quebec, who concluded a two-day official visit to Cuba.
Couillard — the first Quebec premier to make an official visit to Cuba — described the meeting as "fruitful" and said that President Castro had expressed a desire to advance the Quebec-Cuba relationship.
President Raúl Castro and the distinguished Canadian visitor discussed the good state of relations between Cuba and Quebec, as well as prospects for their development. They also agreed on the willingness to broaden economic and commercial ties in sectors like renewable energy, tourism and the agro-food industry.
The Quebec premier visited Cuba accompanied by a large trade delegation involving representatives from some 40 companies from such sectors as construction, food processing, renewable energy, tourism, science and technology.
Prior to his meeting with President Raúl Castro, Premier Couillard met with Economy Minister Ricardo Cabrisas Ruiz and Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2832
- today: 2782
- online: 111
- total: 5850199