Havana, September 16 (RHC)-- Christine St-Pierre, Minister of International Relations and La Francophonie of the Canadian province of Quebec expressed satisfaction with the results of the trip to Cuba by Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard.
In statements to Granma newspaper, the Canadian diplomat said a new stage has now begun in bilateral relations. She explained that during the visit, officials from Cuba and Quebec identified new areas for cooperation and mentioned the agro-food industry, science and culture.
Minister St-Pierre stressed that the persistence of the U.S. blockade of Cuba will not prevent Canada from expanding its ties with the Caribbean state, and urged the U.S. to lift that policy.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 619
- online: 167
- total: 7382062