Havana, September 29 (RHC)-- President of Guinea-Bissau José Mário Vaz paid tribute Thursday to Cuban National Hero José Martí at Havana's Revolution Square.
The Guinean head of state began and official visit to Cuba Wednesday afternoon, during which he is scheduled to hold talks with his Cuban counterpart, President Raúl Castro.
During his stay, which runs through October 1st, the distinguished visitor will meet with other authorities and visit places of interest.
Cuba and Guinea-Bissau established diplomatic relations in October 1973. Cuba's cooperation with the West African nation focuses mainly on healthcare and education sectors.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 3499
- online: 151
- total: 6626390