Havana, October 6 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez met Wednesday in Havana with his Nigerian counterpart Geoffrey Onyeama, who is paying an official visit to Cuba.
During the exchange, the top Nigerian diplomat expressed gratitude for Cuba's solidarity and cooperation with his people. Minister Rodríguez reiterated Cuba's willingness to strengthen cooperation relations with Nigeria and other African nations.
In statements to the press, the Nigerian diplomat expressed admiration for Cuba's help to that African nation in the health and technical education sectors and expressed the interest of expanding cooperation in the area of biotechnology.
Diplomatic relations between Cuba and the Western African nation were established in July, 1974.
Cooperation relations cover such sectors as education, health care, trade, culture, sports and the economy.
Hundreds of Nigerian professionals have graduated in Cuba in the fields of medicine, education, physical education and sports.
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Cuba's new president ratifies continuity of revolutionary process begun in 1959
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 2183
- online: 124
- total: 4596490