Havana, October 7 (RHC / wire agencies)-- Jill Biden, wife of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, is in Cuba on an official visit.
Biden was greeted at Havana’s international airport by Josefina Vidal, Director General for United States in the Cuban Foreign Ministry.
The U.S. vice president's wife is scheduled to watch a match between the U.S. and Cuban soccer teams on Friday in Havana, go on social media at one of Cuba's new WiFi hot spots, and visit a teachers training college, among other activities, according to diplomatic sources here.
Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues Cathy Russell and Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs Evan Ryan are accompanying Jill Biden.
Biden and her delegation will meet with representatives of the Cuban government to exchange views on issues related to culture, education and health. He also tour historic sites and educational centers.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 3203
- online: 109
- total: 4369216