Cuba Expresses Support for Peace Talks in Ecuador Between Colombian Government and National Liberation Army
Havana, October 11 (RHC)-- Cuba reiterated Monday its unwavering, unconditional support for a lasting peace in Colombia.
A statement issued by the Cuban Foreign Ministry (Minrex) salutes a joint decision by the government of President Juan Manuel Santos and the country's second largest rebel group –The National Liberation Army (ELN)-- to begin official peace talks in Quito, Ecuador, on October 27th.
Minrex thanked both sides for their confidence in Cuba, particularly their decision to again designate our country as a guarantor of the talks.
The Minrex statement recalls that Cuba served as guarantor and venue of peace negotiations between the Colombian government and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia-People's Army (FARC-EP), which led to the signing of their final peace agreement on September 26th. It adds that in the case of peace talks between the Colombian government and the ELN, the Caribbean state will again do its utmost toward ensuring the success of the talks.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 3397
- online: 125
- total: 4485150