Havana, October 12 (RHC)-- The Prime Minister of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, Abdelmalek Sellal, arrived in Cuba on Wednesday for an official visit.
During his stay, which runs through Friday, October 14th, the Algerian dignitary will hold talks with his Cuban counterpart, President Raúl Castro Ruz, and will carry out several other activities.
Cooperation relations between the Caribbean state and the North African nation date back to 1963 when Cuba sent 52 medical doctors to assist the Algerian people.
The visit here of the Algerian premier is in keeping with both governments' determination to strengthen cooperation in various areas of mutual interest at the economic and political levels. To this end, the Algerian-Cuban Joint Commission was established, whose 19th meeting was held in December 2015 in the Cuban capital.
The two countries also share common positions and approaches on many international issues.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2741
- online: 129
- total: 5537294