United Nations, October 22 (RHC-PL) -- An independent expert in fostering an international democratic and equitable order, Alfred de Zayas, said at the United Nations that Cuba should receive compensation for the damage caused by the economic, trade and financial blockade imposed by the United States.
According to the expert, the blockade, in force for more than 50 years, is a violation of international law and the United Nations Charter and has serious consequences for Cuba.
De Zayas said the damage caused by the blockade has reached billions of dollars and compensation should be decided by a court of law. He also said he hoped that the support from the world solidarity groups would bring some progress in that direction.
The UN General Assembly will vote on Cuba's annual resolution against Washington's blockade on Wednesday, October 26th.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 955
- online: 176
- total: 3857816