United Nations, October 22 (RHC-PL) -- An independent expert in fostering an international democratic and equitable order, Alfred de Zayas, said at the United Nations that Cuba should receive compensation for the damage caused by the economic, trade and financial blockade imposed by the United States.
According to the expert, the blockade, in force for more than 50 years, is a violation of international law and the United Nations Charter and has serious consequences for Cuba.
De Zayas said the damage caused by the blockade has reached billions of dollars and compensation should be decided by a court of law. He also said he hoped that the support from the world solidarity groups would bring some progress in that direction.
The UN General Assembly will vote on Cuba's annual resolution against Washington's blockade on Wednesday, October 26th.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 2517
- online: 87
- total: 4948814