United Nations, October 22 (RHC-PL) -- An independent expert in fostering an international democratic and equitable order, Alfred de Zayas, said at the United Nations that Cuba should receive compensation for the damage caused by the economic, trade and financial blockade imposed by the United States.
According to the expert, the blockade, in force for more than 50 years, is a violation of international law and the United Nations Charter and has serious consequences for Cuba.
De Zayas said the damage caused by the blockade has reached billions of dollars and compensation should be decided by a court of law. He also said he hoped that the support from the world solidarity groups would bring some progress in that direction.
The UN General Assembly will vote on Cuba's annual resolution against Washington's blockade on Wednesday, October 26th.
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 1756
- online: 132
- total: 4479345