Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Arrives in New York for UN General Assembly's Vote on U.S. Blockade of Cuba
New York, October 25 (RHC)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez has arrived in New York for Wednesday's debate and vote at the UN General Assembly on a Cuban-sponsored draft resolution, calling for an end to the economic, financial and commercial blockade imposed and maintained by ten consecutive U.S. administrations against the Caribbean state.
Minister Rodríguez will address the 193-member UN General Assembly, which for the past 24 years has categorically rejected Washington's hostile policy against Cuba.
The non-binding resolution calls for the lifting of Washington's unilateral sanctions against Cuba, which have cost the Caribbean state over 7.53 billion dollars in economic damages.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 1061
- online: 94
- total: 4602181