U.S. Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes
Havana, October 28 (RHC)-- U.S. Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes has defended Washington's abstention vote on the UN resolution urging the lifting of the U.S. blockade policy towards Cuba.
About the abstention vote, the top White House adviser said on Twitter: “No reason to vote to defend a failed policy we oppose. The embargo denies opportunities to Cubans and isolates the U.S. For the sake of our interests and the Cuban people it should be lifted."
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2676
- online: 135
- total: 6625567