Havana, Oct 5 (RHC) Cuban voluntary health workers presently offer their services in 70 municipalities of Angola, said Angolan Health Minister José Van-Dunem during the International Fair of Luanda (FIL).
Van-Dunem pointed out that the Cuban teams in those 70 territories, are composed of one physician, one in infirmary mother-child care and one specialist in statistics, PL news agency reported.
The health minister said that these teams support local measures to solve priority public health problems, by way of vaccination campaigns, comprehensive attention of mothers and children, deliveries without risk, prevention and the treatment of endemic and non- transmissible diseases.
Last year, the governmental representative acknowledged the quality of Cuba's medical staff, the cooperation of which is a fundamental element, very much appreciated by his country's authorities.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 2567
- online: 133
- total: 4930270