Madrid, January 13 (RHC)-- Madrid’s emblematic Puerta de Sol or Sun Door was the site where Spanish activists gathered this weekend to demand the release of four Cuban anti-terrorist fighters held in U.S. jails since 1998.
Dressed in orange colored garments, similar to those of prisoners in U.S. jails, the activists carried banners with the images of Gerardo Hernández, Fernando González, Ramón Labañino and Antonio Guerrero, members of the Cuban Five, as they are internationally known, along Rene Gonzalez, who already returned to Cuba.
Jose Luis García, member of the Madrid Committee for the Freedom of the Five, said that the campaign that kicked off 10 years ago will not end till the Cubans return home. He said the four Cubans are innocent since they were in the U.S. collecting information on extremist groups that planned terrorist actions against Cuba.
The Madrid committee groups politicians, solidarity organizations and other citizens who defend the innocence of the Cuban heroes.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5273
- today: 979
- online: 143
- total: 8266636