Havana, November 1 (RHC-Granma International)-- The 19th Habano Cigar Festival -- the largest annual event celebrating the world's best tobacco-- will take place February 27th through March 3rd, 2017, in Havana.
In statements to Granma International, Daymi Difurniao, Habanos S.A communications and marketing specialist, noted that the event program includes presentations of the major innovations of the year, as well as traditional activities. These include tours of the best tobacco farms in the Vuelta Abajo area, in Cuba's westernmost Pinar del Río province, visits to the most emblematic cigar factories, a trade fair and seminars, the International Habanosommelier contest, cigar rolling master-classes; gala dinner and eagerly awaited humidor auction.
Habanos S.A is responsible for marketing all Cuban tobacco products and other related items, in both the domestic and international markets.
Last year, 2015, saw total sales of 428 million USD, representing a four percent growth as compared to the previous year.
The entity is present on all five continents with operations in over 150 countries (through its distributors); while the international market accounts for over 90% of sales.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1573
- online: 134
- total: 4475253