Havana, November 2 (RHC)-- Cuba's portfolio of investment opportunities for the period 2016-2017 was presented Tuesday in Havana, aimed at attracting direct foreign investment into the country.
The launching was in the framework of the 1st Investment Forum, as apart of this year's edition of the International Trade Fair of Havana 'FIHAV 2016'.
Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment Rodrigo Malmierca said that the portfolio includes a total of 395 projects, 69 more than in 2015, to the tune of 9.5 billion dollars.
He noted that this year's portfolio is qualitatively better, and that it has also been expanded to include new sectors such as Cuban agricultural cooperatives. The Special Development Zone at Mariel stands out with 24 new proposed projects to attract foreign capital.
Also during the two-day forum, separate meetings were held between Cuban and foreign entrepreneurs to discuss the short and long term potentials and prospects of each specific sector.
Every year, Cuba presents its new investment portfolio to foreign investors at the Havana Fair --one of the most sought-after moments of the trade event.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6548
- today: 6592
- online: 348
- total: 8033450