Havana, November 8 (RHC)-- The 13th Cuban Surgery Congress opened sessions Tuesday in Havana with the attendance of experts from 20 countries.
Keynote speakers at the opening session included the Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization and the World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Cristian Morales, who talked about the sustainability of national health systems and the role of surgeons in clinical practice and in defining Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Protocols.
Professor Gerardo de la Llera, with the Havana-based Calixto García Hospital, spoke about the training of surgeons and other surgery-related professionals in Cuba.
With the theme: “For a greater contribution of surgery to universal health”, the Havana event, sponsored by the Cuban Society of Surgery, gathers delegates, experts and guests from the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Panama, the United States, Chile, Angola, Nigeria, South Africa, Italy, Spain and Canada.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 764
- online: 183
- total: 4108492