Havana, November 8 (RHC)-- The 13th Cuban Surgery Congress opened sessions Tuesday in Havana with the attendance of experts from 20 countries.
Keynote speakers at the opening session included the Representative in Cuba of the Pan-American Health Organization and the World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Cristian Morales, who talked about the sustainability of national health systems and the role of surgeons in clinical practice and in defining Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Protocols.
Professor Gerardo de la Llera, with the Havana-based Calixto García Hospital, spoke about the training of surgeons and other surgery-related professionals in Cuba.
With the theme: “For a greater contribution of surgery to universal health”, the Havana event, sponsored by the Cuban Society of Surgery, gathers delegates, experts and guests from the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Panama, the United States, Chile, Angola, Nigeria, South Africa, Italy, Spain and Canada.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 2529
- online: 157
- total: 4488381