Havana, December 15 (RHC)-- Cuban Deputy Foreign Minister Marcelino Medina met Wednesday in Havana with Sir Simon Gerard McDonald, Permanent British Under Secretary and Head of the Diplomatic Service at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
During the exchange, the two sides acknowledged what they described as 'the positive state of political dialogue between the two foreign ministries.' They exchanged views on bilateral and international issues, and reviewed prospects for strengthened U.K.-Cuba links in sectors like economy, trade, investment and cooperation.
The Cuban deputy foreign minister thanked the British diplomat for the active role played by the United Kingdom in negotiations that ended with the signing earlier this week of a political dialogue and cooperation agreement between the 28-member European Union and Cuba.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 4465
- online: 212
- total: 6665282