Havana, January 17 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo met with the vice president of the Permanent Committee of the People’s National Assembly of China, Chen Changzhi, in Havana on Thursday.
During the meeting at Havana’s National Hotel, Lazo confirmed that relations with China are a priority and they are of strategic importance to Cuba. Lazo also thanked Beijing for its support of Cuba against the US economic blockade and recalled that the island was the first country in Latin America to have established relations with China.
The Chinese parliamentarian replied that his country follows with special attention the transformations taking place in Cuba and he expressed his wish for their success. Chen pointed to the solid and far-reaching relations between the two socialist countries.
During his stay in Havana, Chen Changzhi and his delegation will also meet with other Cuban leaders and will tour places of economic and social interest.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 517
- online: 76
- total: 4486369