Santiago de Cuba, December 19 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel has underlined the importance of upholding the international prestige education in Cuba enjoys, noting that the country's comprehensive program stands as one of the achievements of the Revolution and late leader Fidel Castro.
Speaking in Santiago de Cuba, Díaz-Canel said: “The Cuban education system is one of the greatest works of the Revolution, thanks to Fidel. What we must do in order to continue his ideas, is to work together so that this work blossoms and improves.”
The Cuban vice president pointed to progress achieved during the current academic year, namely the high teacher coverage rates, positive work encouraging students to continue their studies, as well as the government spending in the repair and maintenance of educational centers.
Díaz-Canel also highlighted achievements seen in sports and arts education, and the restoration of several facilities. He mentioned the work undertaken by thousands of students at the University of Oriente as well as the over 12,000 enrolled in Medical Sciences, combining the students' professional training with community work.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 873
- online: 174
- total: 3834843